Classifieds

More Topics »

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Want a new feature, or want to discuss a feature currently in the game? Post your topics here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boss Kills

Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #1

• Rathas
  • Thank you received: 29
Lasler bosses, The Statue, The dragon, the guardian, and of course the crab. They all from what I have seen give 7 pracs when you kill them. However Do they count to boss kills for the number of bosses you have killed?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #2

• Weezy
  • Thank you received: 5
Nope, they don't seem to. Although it would be nice, as it would encourage new players to explore and find more bosses once they leave Lasler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erithiaen, Kaczia, Bloodrose

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #3

New players? WHERE?

But yes, it would do just as Weezy said.

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #4

• Duende
  • Thank you received: 116
Because boss kills offer compounding rewards and lasler bosses are extremely time-sensitive to do, not doing every boss available to you- much less 5 in an area where you have no idea what's going on- will psychologically hamper progress moving forward. that's not desirable, so they don't count as real bosses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scrooge

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #5

• Paradox
Here is the Lasler info I have collected from my Boss List :)

a pebbly galeb duhr The Village of Lasler 14 7pp/No counter
a red dragon The Village of Lasler 14 7pp/No counter
Atrascus the King Crab The Village of Lasler 14 7pp/No counter
the Forest Guardian The Village of Lasler 14 7pp/No counter
a marble statue The Village of Lasler 14 7pp/No counter

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #6

• Kaczia
  • Thank you received: 73
Duende wrote:
so they don't count as real bosses.

If this is the case, then I think the [BOSS] tag should be removed from them. It's confusing and frankly a bit of misinformation. I was reporting the mob as broken because it wasn't giving the BK credit, which players will continue to do so long as they have the red tag. I suggest that they either give the BK credit, have the tag removed, or a different tag instead. I think having them give BK credit isn't as bad as it may seem as it's a good introduction to the concept of Bosses for new players, which for me outweighs the cons of people wanting to go back to try to do them.

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #7

• Scrooge
  • Thank you received: 320
It's really only misinformation if you somehow manage to play the game backwards.

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #8

• Uika
  • Thank you received: 110
i don't think there's a problem if you make them aware that these are special cases:

You gain 7 practices!
You have killed a boss, although those here in Lasler Valley are not powerful enough to count towards the greater total.

or something
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rathas, Erithiaen, Kaczia

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #9

• Kaczia
  • Thank you received: 73
I was going through bosses just now, and realized that while there are very few bosses in 1st and 3rd class, I could think of several "runs" that 1st classers do which haven't yet been included. I'd like to suggest that the following NPCs from 1st class be made into bosses, so as to incentivize new players with this awesome game feature (arguably the best game addition I've seen):

The great dragon Razgul
An Odious Wizard
An Ancient Ariel

I'm trying to think of any bosses for 3rd class that could be added, but I'm kind of at a loss. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Marble Statue in Rune Crypt, or perhaps the Baron Kreash Mulvar. Maybe something in Irda Caverns like General Faren.

I know we don't want people "going back" or feeling like they HAVE TO ACCOMPLISH EVERYTHING but boss kills really motivates people to get involved, rewards players for exploration, and has completely re-energized the game in terms of completing PvE more frequently, all of which are really great things for keeping this game alive. If an NPC is made a boss, lets be honest here, it's way easier to find people to run it with you because they can benefit from doing it too.

Re: Boss Kills 2 years 9 months ago #10

• Paradox
No. Stop building pre-archon, level-specific content involving marks, achievements, boss kills etc. This is just asking for maintenance and drama.

The lasler bosses shouldn't be made into "proper" boss kills. They are fine just the way they are - but as suggested, just a message + help entries on how boss kills work would be a better approach. For example,

A small, gay imp appears from nowhere, grabs you on the arse and whispers in your ear:

"Congratulations! You have slain a new boss, called the Forest Guardian. You gain 7 practices. Type help 'boss kills' for information about Bosses in Materia Magica."

Or something like that.

The scaling areas are great and all encounters/bosses etc. before archon should be updated to scale.

Players should have the choice to go back and do the content, even if they missed it, for whatever reason. This is the biggest PVE flaw right now

1. We dont have the capacity in game (imms) or out (community) to document and make clear what is what, what is where and when you have to do stuff.
2. Having to create a second character to finish things is just stupid. The exception to this are cases that are class or race specific - as long as these are evenly distributed to be "fair".

Stop the elitism... if you want to make the content harder, then make things harder at higher levels i.e. not linear scaling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharky
  • Page:
Moderators: Egoful, Hullu

Site Authentication

Existing players, please reset your password if you are having issues logging in.

It will be sent to the email address used when you last logged into this site.